Department of Neonatology
Department of Neonatology as the center of excellence in India for neonatal care and neonatal medical education.
We work together with other medical & paramedical experts building effective neonatal care & imparting quality medical education in Neonatology.
- Part of prestigious institution with a visionary & supportive Dean & Director
- 25 years experience in NICU
- 21 years experience of DM Neonatology
- Experienced & dedicated faculty & resident doctors
- Proven track record of excellence in neonatal care
- Known for imparting quality medical education
- Faculty with neonatal research experience
Vision for Next 10 years
- Neonatal care: short term goals & long term goals
- Medical education
Neonatal care: Short term goals –
- 2DEcho services in NICU
- Ultrasound Imaging in NICU
- Hearing screening in NICU
- Neonatal Screening before discharge
- Strengthening of Human Milk Bank
- Computerization of all NICU data & KMC OPD
Neonatal Care: Long term Goals –
Renovation of HMB
Multidisciplinary programs –
- Neonatal Cardiac Program
- Fetal Medicine OPD ( Restructuring Birth Defects OPD)
- National Nodal Centre for training in Neonatology
- Increase in seats for DM Neonatology
- Rotation of residents to Pediatric surgery, Radiology & Cardiology
- Rotation of students in other units in India as well as exchange programs in Australia & Canada where ex students from KEM are program heads
- Publication of neonatal books: protocols, atlas
- Dedicated faculty for research
- Sabbatical leave for dedicated research development
1. In house USG facility since February 2006.
2. In house screening for Retinopathy of Prematurity in all high risk babies.
3. In house screening for Hearing Impairment in all high risk babies.
The Department of Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of Seth G. S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai are located on the 10th floor of western wing of multi-storied building. NICU is ward 38 of the hospital.