SETH G.S.MEDICAL COLLEGE & KEM HOSPTIAL, STAFF SOCIETY is registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 on 10.3.93.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES: It is a non profit organization with aims and objectives as under
- Dissemination of research activities and advancement of medical education to practising doctors, staff, students and general public in order to improve delivery of health care to the patients
- B) To promote sense of fraternity among the members by arranging Social function.
For attainment of the above aim and objectives the association may
- Hold periodical meetings to discuss the scientific and clinical matters from the institution and promote healthy exchange of ideas.
- Publish scientific material including Journal of Post –Graduate Medicine
- Discuss problems pertaining to Medical Ethics and Medical Education.
- Co-operate with other Medical Societies, associations of KEM Hospital.
- Raise funds through contribution, donations, advertisements, functions or any other way from members donors /others, as decided by the Executive Committee.
- To coordinate all the orations of Seth GSMC &KEMH with respective departments and organization.
- Do all things as are incidental or conducive to the attainments of the above objectives or any other.
Executive Committee members and office bearers of Staff Society: 2021-2023
|President / Dean||Dean Dr.Sangeeta Ravat|
|Vice President||Dr. Harish Pathak|
|Hon. Secretary||Dr. Nitin Dange|
|Hon.Jt. Secretary||Dr. Mahadeo Garale|
|Editor JPGM||Dr. Sunil Karande|
|Treasurer||Dr. Charan Lanjewar|
Executive Committee Members:
- Dr. Roshan Wade
- Dr. Pradeep Vaideeswar
- Dr. Sanjeeta Umbarkar
- Dr. Samir Rege
- Dr. Abhijeet Dhende
- Dr. Samadhan Mitkari
- Dr. Pallavi Surase
- Dr. Sharmila Jalgaonkar
- Dr. Hemangi Chaudhari
- Dr. Amit Bhondve
- Dr. Archana Sonawale
- Dr. Tushar Bandgar
- Dr. Mayur Thakkar
- Dr. Hemant Dahake
- Dr. Archana Gore
Monthly Scientific Meetings
- 190th Meeting held on 24th August 2015: Felicitation of staff members who are due to retire in June / Aug 2015. Dr. BM Kandalkar, Dr. Sunita Shanbhag & Dr. Sonal Parekh were retiring faculty felicitated with floral tributes & mementos. Newly appointed faculty and promoted staff were welcomed in this meeting.
- Dr. Lesley Hunt, A Colorectal Surgeon on “Is jungle se mujhe bachao- an English surgeon’s experience of training in Sierra Leone”.
- Dr. M. A. Muckaden, Prof & Head, Dept of Palliative Medicine, Tata Memorial Hospital on “Integration of Palliative care practices in Modern Medicine”.
- Dr. Suresh Joshi, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon on “What is New in Cardiac Surgery?”.
- Dr. Anurag Lila, Prof. Endocrinology on “Weight Management”
- Dr. Kamaljeet Singh, Psychiatrist Thana Mental Hospital on “Enriching our relations – common domestic problems and solutions”
From the departments of GI Surgery, Clinical Pharmacology, Urology, and OT.
Judges: Dr. PR Mehta, Prof & Head, Department of Microbiology, Dr. DN Shenvi – Prof. Department of Physiology & Dr. Gajanan Velhal- Addl. Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine, TNMC & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- 1st prize: Deshpande SP, Thaker SJ, Biswas M, Kulkarni DV, Bhatia SJ, Rajadhyaksha AG, Bendkhale SR, Gandhe PP, Gogtay NJ, Thatte UM – Dept of Clinical Pharmacology. Title: “Association between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 and adverse effects of Warfarin: An Audit”
- 2nd Prize: Shetty Y, Jalgaonkar SV, Bhide SS, Tripathi RK, Marathe PA, Katkar JV, Thatte UM Dept of Pharmacology. Title:’’Assessment of Protocol Deviations submitted to the Institutional Ethics Committee of a teaching hospital in Mumbai, India’’
Executive Committee Meetings: 14
Annual General Body Meeting: 1
Annual Lunch on Foundation Day:
- Saturday, 24th January 2015: Contributory Annual Lunch organized by the Staff Society with entertainment followed by Games and lunch in College lawn.
Mementoes of Seth GSMC & KEMH:
- Diamond paper weight 60,80mm, Visiting Cardholder, Chair shape Mobileholder-Crystal, Semicircle Cardholder no.1, Rectangle Cardholder no.2, Rectangle Cardholder, Mug with logo & KEM Photo, Cube B50 Paperweight, Sphere-cut Paperweight FBC 50, Ganesh Showpiece UPC 43238, Ganesh- Kalash Showpiece, Pink Ganesh- 2 layred 40mm base Showpiece etc. are made available at reasonable cost for the various programs organized in the institution.
- The Parel Chemist Gift shop gave Rs.10000/- & Rs. 5000/- from Mr. Uday Shetty Seth GSMC Canteen towards Foundation Day Dinner.